The Chinese Christian Church of Rhode Island is established by believers of Lord Jesus to build one another with Christ Jesus as our head, to bring people to the Lord, to bear witness for Christ Jesus, to disciple believers, to obey the Commands of Lord Jesus and to honor God.
Statement of Faith
We believe that
- the Holy Father, the Holy Son and the Holy Spirit is the one and only God.
- the universe and all things are created by Him, through Him and are under His control.
- Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived and born of virgin Mary; He became flesh as human, to bear the sins of mankind, to shed His blood and die on the cross, buried, resurrected on the third day, raised to Heaven after 40 days; He prays for the believers on the right side of God, will return one day to judge the world. Believers shall have everlasting life; non-believers shall be condemned.
- the Holy Spirit may inspire, move, comfort, give new life to and help believers to become sanctified and to live a victorious life; He also gives various spiritual gifts to build the church.
- the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible are inspired by God; the Holy Scripture is the Word of God and the highest standard for faith and daily life.
- human race was created in God’s image, has sinned against God, yet become reconciled with Him through accepting Jesus Christ as Savior, cleansed by the blood of Lord Jesus, and forgiven.
- the church is the body of Christ, comprises of believers, with Jesus Christ as our head.
(This is an English translation from an original Chinese version of the Constitution and Bylaws of CCCRI)
Our Mission and Vision for 2017
The faithfulness of God is true and has been proven many times. In the Holy Scriptures, we can see that God is faithful and His Word is true. Hebrews 6:18 says God cannot lie, nor can He break an unconditional promise that He says He will fulfill. Every covenant He made is kept. Every promise or foretelling has or will come true. Testimony after testimony of God’s faithfulness is certainly found throughout the Bible and is still given in testimonies by people today.
In fact, accounts of covenants between God and His people can be found approximately 277 times in the Bible. Deuteronomy 7:9 says “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.”
1 John 1:9 tells us, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” With absoluteness we can have the confidence that God will forgive us. Without His ability to do so, He would not be God. He is the only true God (John 17:3) and the gods of no other religion promises this. Since He has made this promise, and we know He cannot break His word, we know that it would be contrary to His nature and that He cannot lie (Numbers 23:19). Our God is a faithful God and there is no other that can do all He can and has done.
Celebrating the 40th year of the founding of our church in 2017, we at CCCRI will study the lives, mission, and message of the great men and women in the bible. We will attempt to look into their calling, the challenges they faced, and the victories they’ve won. More importantly, we will highlight on how God’s faithfulness upon these faith icons turned what seemed to be impossible hurdles into great triumphs. CCCRI recognizes that we are standing on the shoulders of these giants of faith. We are what we have become, not only because of their great examples, but also of God’s faithfulness – in the past, the present, and the future.
God is indeed “Forever Faithful!” PROGRAM: 2017